The Most Convenient Way to Ensure That MetaMask or Infura Are Not Tracking Your IP Address
When users connect with Ethereum or other blockchains using an RPC provider such as Infura, the provider obtains both the user’s IP address and wallet address in order to deliver the service. ConsenSys maintains that “This is not unique to Infura and is consistent with how web design works in general.”
So, if you want to stay anonymous as much as you can while using MetaMask, avoid Infura and use your own Ethereum node or a third-party RPC provider with MetaMask.
You can use a third-party RPC provider with MetaMask; however, users should be aware that their information will be subject to whatever information collection is performed by the RPC provider they are using, as well as the RPC provider’s terms regarding their use of the data they do collect.
If you want to create and run your own Ethereum node, check out these guides.
Best Practices for Remaining Anonymous on Web3
- First and foremost, if you have done KYC for the crypto exchange, wallet, or any other Web3 service, your KYC data, i.e., your identity, can be handed over to government agencies if needed. In short, you can be tracked down.
- To be anonymous, avoid submitting KYCs as much as you can, which means you can’t get on a number of services, depending upon where you live and the rules and regulations of your government.
- Use a privacy-focused web browser such as Tor.
- Use a VPN service that does not collect or store your data.
- When it comes to search engines, you can use a privacy-focused service such as Duck Duck Go.
Also Read: Elon Musk Says Apple Threatened To Remove Twitter From App Store
What is MetaMask?
For those who don’t know, MetaMask is a free web and mobile crypto wallet that lets users store and exchange cryptocurrencies, interact with the Ethereum blockchain ecosystem, and host a growing number of decentralised apps (dApps). It is one among the world’s most popular crypto apps.
MetaMask is mostly used for storage, swaps, and dApp access. These functions cover everything a typical cryptocurrency user would need to interact with Ethereum.
How Secure is Metamask?
MetaMask’s approach to security is based on user anonymity rather than standard security measures in many aspects. MetaMask does not store any user data because the software is non-custodial. The platform does not manage private keys.
Also Read: How to add altcoins to your MetaMask wallet?
The post Tips To Stay Anonymous While Using MetaMask; How Secure is Metamask? appeared first on CoinGape.
- Mobile app
- Telegram Channel
- Telegram Group
- Binance Referral Link
- Bitmex Referral Link
- (Recommended For Leverage) ByBit Referral Link
- Buy Ledger Nano at discounted price
- Buy Cool Wallets at discounted price
Don't forget to share your review/suggestions for the android app.
All In One Crypto App is an execution-only service provider. The material provided on this website is for information purposes only and should not be understood as investment advice. Any opinion that may be provided on this page does not constitute a recommendation by All In One Crypto App or its agents. We do not make any representations or warranty on the accuracy or completeness of the information that is provided on this page. If you rely on the information on this page then you do so entirely on your own risks